Sunday, December 6, 2009

'Twas the Fright before Christmas . . .

You have to admit, for children under the age of 5 who don't like strangers to begin with, a guy in a red suit with a funny beard and hat can be rather . . . terrifying.

But, for some reason we think it's cute to sit them on Santa's lap and take a picture anyway.

Here's what happened at the church Christmas party Saturday night.

One year old was screaming.


















Even giving her a candy cane did not improve the situation.














Three year old wanted an even quicker getaway.













Five year old was fine with Santa and even smiled and talked to him. Unfortunately, my camera malfunctioned at that moment (grrrr) and I have no picture. However, this post-Santa-visit photo of his reaction to the candy cane is somewhat humorous. I guess he thought he would get something more substantial from Santa.




He didn't say this, but his expression says:

"I sat on Santa's lap and all I got was this little candy cane?"

4 comments:

Ashley said...

You're right - even thoughcon they're upset those are really cute pictures

Janelle said...

I know, it is so awesome to make them scream. I'll be posting ours sometime soon. But the difference is that my 3 year old LOVES santa.

Carolyn said...

You have to have something to show them when they are teenagers that will make them laugh.

Ken's Hanger said...

The pictures are great, it saves the pain of listening to all the screaming and crying but shares the experience?