Sunday, May 13, 2012

This is Dallas?



Can you believe this is Dallas?  Where is the dry desert?  The drought?

 

 
Went to Dallas for work and Ken joined me for the weekend.   We enjoyed some Texas BBQ and rode the trolley around the city.  I was expecting Dallas to be a dry desert.  Instead, I found out it is very green with trees, birds, and water everywhere.

 

Found this great place for Texas BBQ!  Lots of character and tasty BBQ sauce!

 


 









On a more serious note, we also saw the JFK sites in Dallas.  It's hard to believe these events happened almost 50 years ago now.  Still lots of theories about what really happened and lots of people around this place to tell you what they think about it.  My impression was that the area with the grassy knoll and all was much smaller than I expected.  I've seen it so many times on TV and movies over the years, but in person it's just a small place with such a large impact.  The 6th floor Museum in the former book depository building is well done and well worth seeing. Although this brings back sad memories from my childhood,  I'm glad I finally saw it in person.

Book Depository building - On the second from top floor in the corner is the infamous window.




Grassy knoll.   X's in the road mark the spot.  Notice the fence to the left of the white structure, under the trees.  This is where the 2nd gunman is said to have been.



 



Suspicious person behind the fence.




Moving on..... we took a trolley ride on the vintage city trolley car with a nice old conductor.  On the whole, Dallas seemed nice, new, clean and green.  Where are those Cowboys and oil wells I heard about?





No comments: