Friday, April 9, 2010

Baby Face

I was thinking of two things that this new baby and I have in common. First, my middle name (Alice) was named after my grandmother too. When I was growing up, I never liked having such an old-fashioned name for my middle name. But, as I got older, I was happy to know I was carrying on my Grandma Dean's name and her memory. I hope this new baby will not think her middle name is too old fashioned, but she probably will.
Second, she is baby #4 in her family and so was I. Along with the hand-me-downs that come with being the younger sister, she will also have older siblings looking out for her (and teasing her) just like I did. Fun times!

Here are some observations from baby's first days at home.

The big brothers love to hold her.










The big sister doesn't quite know what to make of the new baby.
But the new baby sure makes the "old" baby look BIG.














So far, she's been a very quiet baby.



















But if she wants something, she will let you know!





4 comments:

Ashley said...

Aww...can't wait to see her

Janelle said...

Super cute baby!

You have more then two name-sakes. I like being named after you too!

I can seea few Kevin features in her at this point.

Cathryn said...

Janelle - yes, you are right, of course. With you and Suzy, I really have 4 namesakes, two little baby girls and two grown up girls. How did that happen? I guess Grandma Jamison picked a good name when she chose it all those years ago. And to think she really wanted a boy and was scrambling in the hospital to come up with another girl name that started with "C".

Chelita said...

such a cutie! Congrats